Thursday, April 28, 2011

All done !!

I stitched my fingers to the bones this week, but I'm all done.  I attached my last beads this evening.  My over-dyed fibre was a 5 yard skein by Threadworx, 01070 Rocky Mountain.  By being extremely frugal with the 5 yard skein I managed to finish my sampler, but only just.  My tails were miniscule, there was no playing with colour placement, no attaching beads with the overdyed thread, no changing my mind and repositioning any squares. I was a little careless at the beginning, but as the thought of possibly not having enough thread hit me, I started stitching on the diagonal to shorten my paths and altered my backstitching to minimize the travelling tread on the back.  All I need to say is - I made!!   I had 3 little strands remaining, two are about 2" long and the third is about 3" long.  And even these I don't want to throw out until I know for sure that I won't need them any longer - maybe once it's framed I'll add them to my ort box.
For the backstitches within the design and the heart in the final square  I used 3740 DMC, and the beads are 02080.  For the square outlines and the year in the final square I used Rainbow Gallery's Spendor S940.
Click here for the final square.
Thank you all for joining me on this journey.  I hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did.


  1. Fantastic! I can't wait to get started on this one but I will have to be patient a little longer! I will spend the time choosing a colour scheme.

  2. A friend directed me to your blog when I saw she was working on your 15 sided biscornu and I just had to have the pattern! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project! I'm looking forward to getting started, but like Jo, I have so much in my to-do pile it will have to wait just a bit.