Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Hummingbird

My hummingbird design, my contribution to the Designer Collaboration Sampler,  had to be stitched twice before I was happy with the colours.  The first time it was stitched, the colours in the flower and leaves were a little too dark.  But by lightening the colours it now looks great.  Having ripped it out once already from the sampler, I stitched it on a seperate piece of 36ct linen before restitching it onto the sampler; just in case the colours needing changing again. 
So now I  had an extra stitched piece of my design - what to do with it?  At first I was thinking of finishing it off into an ornament, but I already have my share of those.  It was Monika's brilliant idea to see if it would fit into the lid of one of the music boxes we have in the shop.  We had been looking for a pattern that would fit the lid of the rectangular box for a while, and as it turned out, with the border of the sampler surrounding it, the design fit perfectly.
The chart is a free pattern you will receive when visiting my booth at the NeedleWorkers MarketPlace, held at the Waterside Inn in Mississauga, Ontario on April 14th & 15th, 2012.   The music boxes are available on the Gitta's website, in the store, and I will have some available at the Market, they are $24.95.
See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment