Saturday, March 24, 2012

Preparing for Easter, the NWMP & Gitta's Getaway

What a glorious week!  The weather was wonderful, with sunny and exceptionally warm days.  I also got much accomplished in the shop - finishing the kits for my Make-it & Take-it demo at the NeedleWorkers MarketPlace, decorating the shop for Easter, and finalizing the games and oraganizing (with Margaret's help) all the donations from our suppliers for our Gitta's Getaway Retreat

My mom & I spent most of Monday decorating the shop window and the front counter.  At first I wasn't in the mood to haul everything out of storage, but I'm really pleased with the results.  The window looks great - fresh & Springy, just in time for Easter.

Over the front counter we hung some greenery (fake of course) with many of our stitched Easter ornaments.  The rest of the ornaments will be hung next week onto our Pussy Willow bouquet. 







Having received our canvas order this week, I was also able to finish the kits for my demo at the NeedleWorkers MarketPlace.  The kits will be $10.00, including all threads, canvas and charm, as well as a blocking board and magnetic backing to finish it into a fridge magnet.  I will demonstrate the Continental/Tent Stitch twice each day.  With limited spaces, there will be a sign up sheet for each session.  Purchase a kit, sit and stitch, and see just how easy the Continental stitch can be. 

In the evenings I also managed to finalize the games for Gitta's Getaway Retreat.  The games, with a bit of fun and some friendly competition,  are intented to help us get to know one another and... of course to win prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment