Monday, August 5, 2019

Sarah and Evan's Wedding




I am currently sitting up at the cottage and stitching, something I have not gotten to do for a while.   I brought with me a cross stitch I had started many many years ago; it's been so long I can't remember when.  I can, tell you that the pattern, "Commandments" by La D Da, was released in 2002.  So, it's time to complete it.  It's not that I haven't been stitching, it's just that lately I am a better starter. 
I did finish a small wedding sampler for the wedding, which I gave my daughter at the shower.  It's only half of the original design, "Rustic Wedding" by Imaginating.  When I saw the pattern, I knew it would be perfect.  Sarah had a rustic theme, and was going to use chalkboard signage, so I stitched it on "Charcoal" 28ct. Linen by Zweigart.  In the white Rustic frame I was thrilled with the result.  
It's now been three weeks since the wedding, and my husband and I are enjoying a quiet weekend.  The honeymooners are in Mexico, the visitors are all back home and life is getting back to the everyday.  

We are still awaiting the official photo's from the photographer, but I'd like to share some taken by us and some of our quests.  The Wedding was held at "Belcroft Estates" just south of Innisfil in their Marquee Tent.  The grounds are idyllic and other than some showers in the morning the day was perfect.

My beautiful daughter in the bride's suite just before getting into her dress.  And here she comes down the aisle with her Dad, having been driven up by a vintage white Rolls-Royce.




They had chosen a Handfasting ceremony and wrote their own vows.

They then drove off in the Rolls to have their formal photos taken with the bridal party.


While this was happening there was plenty to keep guests entertained.  There was the cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres held on the patio  and games on the lawn.  The games, such as giant Jenga, Croquet, bean bag toss, trivia (about the happy couple's history), bingo, temporary tattoo station, and more, were a big hit with everyone.

Upon their return we also took some family photos.  This one is of us with my Dad.
The reception started with the arrival of the Bride and Groom, and the rest of the evening was very traditional.  Dinner was delicious; starting off with soup, then salad, the main course and lastly dessert.  The speeches were held between each course, as the tables were being cleared.  David & I were up first, then Evan's parents, two of the Grooms-men, two of the Bridesmaids, and finally the Bride and Groom spoke.



Cutting of the cake

The first dance was to "How do I Live"


The dance floor was then open to everyone.
If it became too noisy at this end of the tent,

the patio, and even the furniture,  was all lit up for a quieter hangout spot.

 My sister and I with a few of our cousins had done just that.

To see more photos of the wedding visit my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment