Monday, April 27, 2020

What we do with our time




As I re-read my Easter Post, I am amazed with how our lives have changed in only 7 weeks.   The shop has been closed; open only to on-line orders and curb-side pickups.  As I chat with stitchers over the phone and through email, I always say that, other than being crazy busy with mailorders, my life has not changed too much.  But the more I think about it, it has changed.  I miss the camaraderie in the shop with my ladies, I miss our chats and banter with our customers, I miss getting together with my family, I miss going out and not constantly worrying whether I may be getting too close to another person.  Although I am spending more hours in the shop than before, I am also stitching more as well.

As some of you may have seen on Instagram, I have pulled out a partly-done older project, "Garden Fair" by Courtney Collections.

Not sure when I started it, but I figure it must have been at least 10 years ago.  I had been thinking about pulling this piece out of my UFO bin for a while, and so I did 4 weeks ago.  I sit in the evenings for about 2 hours and stitch with my feet up.




And here is my progress.  I only have 2 more rows and a repeat of the floral row at the top. 

Although I have always found solace in single (OK there's 2 in this case) coloured projects, I find myself growing tired and wanting a bit more colour; a bit more of a challenge.


I have had my eye on a Luca-S petit point kit (also available in cross stitch), The Winter, for many years now .  There is something calming about this piece, the still of winter;  a time to pause, a time to reflect.  With the feelings this piece instills in me, I have been wanting to start it for many years, but realistically there is always so much going on in the shop that I wouldn't have much time to dedicate to yet another project.  But the heart wants what the heart wants, and so this Saturday after the busiest and most tiring week (and unable to get to all the orders) I decided to take home a new project.  My version of retail therapy.

Having said all that, over the weekend my brain won out over my heart, and I will finish my "Garden Fair" before starting "The Winter".  I am so close to finishing, and I am curious which will finish first - the Lockdown or my sampler.

Hoping you are all safe, I KNOW you're all busy stitching!!
Stay strong, and this (Covid-19) too shall end!!

4 comments:


  1. This are new articles style for you. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท You can find some new idea on this. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete

  2. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท
    This are such great articles. บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    บอลสเต็ป 10 บาท I appreciate for reading my blogs.


    ReplyDelete