Saturday, January 8, 2011

15 sided Biscornu

I have made my share of Biscornus, and ever since I first heard the term "15 sided Biscornu" I was fascinated with its construction.  A fellow stitcher had mentioned the other day, that we should start a new project for the New Year.  So I got to thinking why not have this new project also be something I have never done before.  Having studied finishing techniques for these quirky cushions,  I'm ready to jump in.  I have designed 15 squares and will post one every week.  The first will be uploaded this weekend, I still need to tweak it a little.  
 In the meantime you can choose your fabric, one hand-dyed and two solid coloured fibres, and beads.
My choices are :
-Zweigart's 28ct Cashel Linen, Summer Khaki
-Thread Gatherer's SNC 273 Faded Memories
-370 DMC & 3740 DMC
-Mill Hill 02080

To start you will need to backstitch 15 squares 20 x 20 backstitches using one of the DMC threads.  Leave about an inch between each of the squares.

So join me on this venture.  Go through your stash or visit your LNS and choose your colours.

5 comments:

  1. Kathrin - can't wait to start! Always wanted to create a biscornu!

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like so much fun !! Off to go dig through the stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do this too!!! I think they look neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i am up for this one! I just need to look through my stash and see what colors etc i want to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kathrin, I just discovered your blog a few days ago.... I would love to stitch this 15-sided biscornu but I can't get the pdfs :( Are they not longer available? Viv

    ReplyDelete