Friday, March 11, 2011

15 Sided Biscornu - Parts 14 & 15

I cheated this week.  Realizing I wouldn't manage to finish all 15 designs with my second colour choice, I skipped over patterns 10-13, and went straight to the last 2 designs.   I wanted to post the same patterns in both
colour choice side by side.
Hopefully I'll manage to finish this second biscornu before Gitta's Getaway Retreat.  I want to be able to display both in the Project Parade.


This week I have also received many of the patterns for the Collaboration 15 Sided Biscornu available from the designers exhibiting at the NeedleWorkers MarketPlace.  Each designer has created an original design, which will be a free handout to every one attending the Market.  A common colour pallet unites the designs and when completed will create a truly memorial souvenir.  The variegated silk used, SNC 258 Sidewalk Chalk, can be seen in the NWMP photo on the www.needleworkersmarketplace.com website.

Click here for the last two designs. I hope you enjoyed all of them; I, have had a great time designing and stitching these 15 designs, and I am glad you joined me on this journey. Now that all 15 designs are stitched there is only one more thing to do - sewing them all together.  See you next week for the finishing instructions.

6 comments:

  1. Yipeeeeee!!! Can't wait to stitch the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy...so glad you gave us the last two squares this week. I don't know if I can wait until next week to put them togther.....I think I can see the order and may have to jump in and go...
    I love your new color on green. I am planning to do one on linen now...and I love green. Thanks so much for doing this!!!!! It has been fun...since a friend at work is stitching this also...we compare and share.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the journey. I never foresaw the "Sharing and Showing" between friends, but that has been my favourite part. I love looking through all the variegated silks with everyone, and matching up the beads and fabric. Everyone is attracted to different colours, and I've loved every combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! I can't wait to get all 15 finished! It was really hard to resist picking a second colour choice last Saturday, (so I didn't resist), so I sure have my work cut out for me!

    Margaret K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait til next week! I came in half way through the pieces so have decided to wait and do them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are certainly addictive little so-and-so's, aren't they? I have ten of the fifteen done, the cross-stitches for four other squares done and I can't put 'em down. I was stitching on them in my doctor's office this morning while waiting for the doctor to come in, and I'm not talkin' about the outer waiting room!

    Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete